University of Florida
JD | 2001
MBA | 2000
BSBA Finance | 1996
Georgia | 2008
North Carolina | 2001
Bridgeford’s Principal, Brit Young, has extensive experience as an attorney in large, full-service law firms. Most recently, he was General Counsel of a high-growth company, leading it through an IPO and ultimate acquisition. Brit helps clients succeed by developing a thorough understanding of their business needs, goals, obstacles and environment.
General Counsel Experience:
- Successfully leading company through legal process and diligence for $100M IPO and listing on NYSE.
- Structuring and negotiating the company’s raise of over $115M in private equity rounds from respected institutional investors.
- Leading six strategic acquisitions, including the simultaneous acquisitions of Israeli and German companies to procure a cutting-edge endoscope technology.
- Building Legal Department to meet world-class objectives in contracts, compliance and intellectual property.
- Building and leading contracts function generating, reviewing and negotiating hundreds of agreements per year.
- Establishing and directing intellectual property function managing over 100 granted and pending patents and 120 granted and pending trademarks.
- Managing HR legal matters for company growing to over 500 employees in the US and internationally.
- Drafting, monitoring and enforcing compliance policies for highly-regulated public healthcare company.
- Leading annual management strategy meetings and worked with CEO to develop corporate strategic plans.
- Supervising and negotiated disputes and litigation to achieve optimal resolution for company.
- Managing all corporate governance matters, including Board and Shareholder meetings and subsidiaries.
- Vetting and directing all relationships with outside legal counsel.
Previous law firm experience:
Structuring, negotiating and closing venture capital and private equity financings in excess of $250M on behalf of venture capital investors, private equity groups and emerging growth companies.
Negotiating and drafting loan documentation representing both lenders and borrowers in senior and subordinated debt transactions totaling over $500M.
Negotiation, document preparation and legal due diligence review for middle- market merger and acquisition transactions.
Negotiating and drafting software licensing agreements and other commercial transaction contracts such as distribution and reseller agreements
Practical, actionable and clear legal solutions for growing businesses.
Whether you are looking to start a business, obtain funding, grow your business or buy/sell a business, we can provide the tools and legal counsel you need.
Schedule a consultation to learn how Bridgeford can help grow your business today.